Are you curious about Reiki?
Do you want to learn more about Reiki?
Are you interested in experiencing Reiki?
I’m excited to announce that I will be offering Reiki in Cortland, NY very soon! If you live in Central New York or the Finger Lakes region and would like to explore (or continue) a Reiki practice, please complete an Inquiry Form to express your interest. I will be in touch soon to let you know details: where, hours available, investment per session.
If you are not familiar with Reiki, think of it as “a Japanese technique for relaxation that also promotes healing.” Reiki is often experienced as a hands-on treatment where “a warm and soothing energy flows from the hands into the client, promoting relaxation and releasing tension.”
Reiki can have powerful and healing effects on the human energy field (aura) and the chakras.
What can I expect?
In a safe, nonjudgmental environment, a typical full Reiki session may include:
- An intake by the practitioner (if you are a new client, you may be asked to complete an intake form, so arrive a few minutes early).
- A sharing of what you might expect and a time for you to share with your practitioner any pain, medical, or health issue you may be experiencing.
- A brief relaxation or meditation exercise.
- Lying on a Reiki or massage table, fully clothed (speak up if the temperature in the room is not comfortable for you). Reiki may also be done with a client seated in a chair.
- Your Reiki practitioner may do a scan of your body to sense any energy imbalances, he/she may also use crystals or a pendulum during the practice.
- Aromatherapy may also be a part of your experience.
- Some practitioners will lay their hands lightly on your body (appropriately), others may work with just your human energy field/aura (let your Reiki practitioner know if you are sensitive to any particular touch, for example some people are not comfortable with having their feet touched).
- You may (or may not) experience physical or emotional sensations or reactions.
- Soft music may accompany the treatment.
- After your treatment, you will likely be allowed to bring yourself back into full awareness slowly
- expect to share your experience with your practitioner, noting any sensations, visualizations, messages, clarity, physical recovery (it may be that you don’t experience anything other than relaxation – and that’s perfectly okay!)
- Reiki sessions may vary in time; be sure to know ahead of time so you can plan accordingly (you may wish to allow some time after your treatment for quiet reflection).
- Reiki sessions are typically paid for upon completion – know how your practitioner prefers to be paid and be prepared.
You don’t have to believe in Reiki for it to work for you! Why not give it a try?!
Source: Reiki The Healing Touch, First and Second Degree Manual, William Lee Rand, 2016